Friday, January 22, 2010

City of Ashes

Alright, so I know this makes me pretty much the coolest person ever. I have already read another book. Please hold your applause until the end. I started reading the Mortal Instruments series, of which City of Bones was the first book. At first, I was a little confused about everything but after reading the second book, City of Ashes, I like the series much more. There is so much information to take in that it's hard to fully appreciate the first book because you're trying desperately to understand what the heck is going on. However, you don't have to do that with City of Ashes, which made me like it much more. The same icky situation exists but I have a feeling that it will resolve itself in the final book. There is a lot of great action and it really is unlike any book I've read before. I want to live in this world with the characters. I even have dreams of me living there. Although I guess that happens when you stay up till 2AM reading. That's not the latest I've stayed up either. Anyway, I would definitely recommend this series! It's exciting, magical, and it's not easily predictable.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Good to hear you liked the second book better! So is this a 3 book series? I may have to borrow the first book from you. :)
I have to say I often picture myself in the book I am reading... I think I pictured myself as Bella when I first read Twilight. That was a very easy book to picture myself in. And to stay up well past midnight reading. I love those kind of books but I also want to finish as soon as possible so I can get back to my life! And of course I am always a little sad when a book is over. Great thing about series books. :)

one love. <3 said...

ill remember that when i finally finish my 5 other books ive been slacking to read! haha. looks like a fun series