Each week I try and plan exciting meals for me and Jacob so that I don't get bored of cooking the same thing week after week. Well, this week I was ambitious and decided to make homemade bread bowls and broccoli cheese soup to go in them. I have never made homemade bread by myself so I was a little bit worried I would mess it up. It reminded me so much of when I was a little kid and would come home from school and smell my mom baking it and I couldn't wait to eat a fresh, warm, piece. It definitely tastes better when you don't have to make it yourself. The soup and bread bowls were delicious though! I didn't have room for the bread by the time I finished with the soup but Jacob ate the whole dang thing! I have no idea how. Overall, a successful meal. One which I won't be repeating for at least a year or so. :)
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Adventures in Breadmaking
Posted by Jacob and Lauren at 7:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Boy, that looks really good. I started drooling on my keyboard. Anytime you need someone to sample your cooking, I volunteer!
those are some serious bread bowls! looks good.
i know it was a lot of food, but i for one am not surprised jacob was able to down it all. at some point he'll have to start eating less, right? (not to mention slower)
Wow, great job Lauren. You're becoming quite the cook and it sounds like Jacob is loving it! You're spoiled Jake!
mmm i want that bread recipe!! i love those, especially Wildflowers Cafe's Potato Cream Cheese Soup.
mmm looks tasty!! thanks again for babysitting brylee! on top of having so much fun with her...im sure you will get blessings for letting us go to the temple :)
mmmm... looks yummy. You're so creative, Lauren. Seems like you're havin fun playin house. Does it ever feel like that to you? I still sometimes feel like these kids aren't really mine, like I'm the big sister or something... you think I'd be over that by the time we've had 5 of them....
Post a Comment