I figured out what has been missing and why I have been a little blue lately. Well, there are two things really. One, I have not been listening to music as much as I used to. I love music and am a firm believer that it can have a profound effect on your soul. I have been listening more and forgot how much I love it! Added bonus: Hudson thinks it's funny when I dance around and sing. The second thing I am missing: hobbies and education. I love learning and knowing how to do more things. I don't really have anything that is just mine that I love to do. I realized that the people I am jealous of with talents didn't just wake up and know how to do them. They had to learn. What is stopping me from becoming talented too? Nothing! My goals for the next two years: Go to culinary school (a dream of mine from forever ago!) and learn how to make wedding cakes, learn Spanish, learn how to play my guitar (the poor thing is so dusty!), and learn how to make my own clothes. I know that might seem like a lot, so I am going to take it one hobby at a time. Wish me luck! If you want to learn with me, let me know! It will be fun!
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Hobbies for Lauren
Posted by Jacob and Lauren at 10:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I am afraid my guitar is a little dusty as well. Maybe someone has a 2 for 1 special on lessons. Oh, and you're welcome for all the free music.
I volunteer to be the wedding cake tester.........
ME ME I want to learn too! LOL. I have been realizing this about myself lately as well. I have a bunch of things in mind I want to make or do but dont have a clue how to get there. I might start with learning to be a better sewer. Wanna join me?
Clothes! I've made some stuff and it's really fun. More expensive than you'd think, actually (but not too expensive...don't worry). And it's so fun when people complement you on what you made and YOU can take credit for it. I think it's awesome you made some goals that you want to accomplish; I've recently kind of started doing that too so I'm teaching myself to play the piano! I don't think we should ever get together on the learning music thing until we improve :)
Go Lauren, go Lauren. I have been threatening to learn Spanish for a long time. How do you plan to do it? How much do you know now?
i've always wanted to be a pastry chef! and... i have always wanted to learn spanish! i don't like that nate can and i cant! i need hobbies too...
Good luck with culinary school and a baby...and husband. That is one TOUGH road to get on. Maybe not in the next two years but sometime in your life and it will be an amazing experience! -From someone who HAS been there.
I think its great that you have all these goals! Its hard when you start to have kids and feel a little stagnent. Its so important to have some me time regularly, especially time to improve yourself and feel lots better about life... and realize you still have a life besides your husband and kid(s)!
Post a Comment