Do you ever have days where you just don't feel good enough? My house isn't clean enough, my clothes aren't cute enough, my food isn't healthy enough, I am not talented enough, I don't have enough friends? Don't get me wrong, I am so blessed and have a great family, but sometimes I feel like there is so much more I could do. Even though I try not to, I feel like I am constantly comparing myself to others. She has more money than me. Look at how creative she is; I wish I could cook as well as her, I wish I were as funny. I wonder a lot if you ever get to a point in life when you are satisfied with who you are and what you have. And if so, how do you get there? I could really use some feedback on this , even if I don't know you, feel free to comment!
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
totally.. i think everyone thinks like this! even men... i doubt they'd ever admit it. but everyone has days like this. for me i like to call them hormones ;) cause usually the next day i'm like man why was i so down over nothing? ya know? just know i think you are very pretty, funny, nice, a really good momma, and an awesome friend/sis in law.. :)
amen to jenn!
Hi Lauren Im a friend of Jake's from work, I've only met you once so Im sure you don't remember me. Anyway, I think what you feel is totally normal and natural, I feel like this often myself. I recently got a new book for Mothers Day called Contentment by Maria Covey Cole. I really enjoyed this book and it inspired me tremendously. I know a few other young moms in our ward have read this book as well and have felt the same outcome. You can usually find it at and LDS bookstore. Anyway, I highly recommend it! Also, tell Jake I said Hi and Im glad to see your little family is doing well!
Hey Lauren,
Yes, we all feel like this at times!! I think as women we are paticularly hard on ourselves about feeling that we are "not good enough."
Personally, I have come to understand that while we must learn to be content with what we have and not covet that which we don't, we should never stop seeking ways to learn and grow and become better people.
I highly recommend reading this talk at lds.org
Norma B. Ashton, “A Unique Melody,” Ensign, Sep 1989
You have so many talents Lauren - don't ever underestimate yourself!!
Definitely normal! I think that people are constantly changing...their outlooks on life, beliefs, talents,circumstances,etc and so it's hard to come to a point in life where you have it all figured it out and are perfectly satisfied. What I try to remind myself over again is that you should always be true to yourself. It sounds corny but when you live to your fullest and for yourself (and not believing you are judged) you will be comfortable and happy with who you are. Sometimes when life gets boring I think it's also good to invite in change and also to avoid putting labels on yourself and people. I know I'm guilty of it all the time. Like when I think I am this way, I wish I was that way. Just let go of any preconcieved ideas of who and what you are and live with a free soul and heart :-)
as women, i think we all naturally do this. i know i do it all th time, and then i end up feeling like crap! I know I do it all the time! Just the other day, I was at my neighbors house, who has the same exact floor plan as me, but her house is like a model home, but like 10 times cuter and cleaner! For several days I found myself scrubbing my walls and wishhing things were decorated so much better... but alas, my house is what it is and I love it and frankly I can't make i t perfect overnight, and frankly I don't want to stress out over evry little spill and fingerprint! I still don't know how she does it, but I realized I don't care! Chris always tells me that when you compare yourself to someone else, you either feel superior or inferior, and niether one is ok! But its not easy not to. I don't know that you ever just become content with what you have but more like just decide to choose to be happy with what you have and them maybe you just fall out of the habit of comparing yourself. I think you are on the right track with setting goals and finding things you love to do and love about yourself! I think culinary scholl will be awesome and you are such a great cook already, you will do great!
Post a Comment