Warning: Picture overload on the way! Hudson and I got to go to Utah with my mom this past week. It's always so nice to go because it's where I grew up and I love seeing everything again! It always makes me feel very nostalgic. I was worried how Hudson would do on the drive. He did surprisingly well for a 1 1/2 year old! We ran into trouble on the way there near Flagstaff because of the fires. The road was closed and there really is no other way to get to SLC unless you go way out of your way. Well, we definitely went out of our way. It took us 15 hours to get there. Normally it's 10-11! We did see the pretty side of Arizona though! Best place by far was called Chinle. Funny name but beautiful scenery. This picture is only a small fraction of what we saw. We had a really great week! We went to the splash park, had a play date with the little kids in the fam, went to teapot stores (aka home decor stores), and had a Cowan family reunion. I didn't know most of the people but it was fun! It was great seeing old pictures and learning a bit of our history. It was really great hearing stories from my grandma too. She has got some amazing antiques in her house! And there is a story for almost every one. I was tempted to stuff some things in my bag but I didn't. We really had a great week. It was great being around so much family. Hudson seemed to really like it there too. He also learned some new words, most courtesy of grandma: Jeesh, Oh no!, Dee Dee (my aunt, he kept asking for her on the drive home!), Oh man, teepee, kite. We are glad to be home but miss all our family! We're hoping they will move down to Arizona but it isn't looking good.
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
A Week Away
Posted by Jacob and Lauren at 9:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
looks like your trip was a lot of fun! I'll bet Jake missed you guys. I love that last pic o Hudson reading a book!
Man Hudson has matured so much! We need to get together soon! We'd love to have you guys come stay with us. we could go to the beach, Magic Mtn, whatever. We miss you guys.
Oh, I know Chinle, btw -- it's on the reservation. It's kinda close to a town a friend of my is from: Kayenta. The red rock around there is gorgeous!
I forgot to say Happy 3rd anniversary!
glad you guys had fun. We will have to get together soon. Been way too long! (and by the way, that was not picture overload!) lol.
looks like a fun a trip - great pictures! i love how big hudson is getting and how smart he is reading :)
I love the picture of Hudson reading! That is so cute!
Post a Comment