Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Pageant Fun

Tonight Jacob and I went to see the Easter pageant. Jacob came up with the idea to ride our bikes there, since the temple is down the street from our house, so that we wouldn't have to deal with traffic and finding a place to park. I thought it would be fun since I don't get that many chances to ride my bike and I need the exercise. We set off on our way, Jacob in front of course seeing as how I'm really slow. We were riding along happily when I feel something hit my leg. I look down and what do I see? A golf ball! Someone hit or most likely threw a golf ball at me! Nice, eh? Luckily it didn't hurt that bad. I'm hoping I get a pretty cool golf ball shaped bruise though. We finally made it there, layed down our blanket (which was in my sweet basket) and watched the pageant. I had only seen it once before and it was a while ago so I forgot how cool it is. It really reminded me of what the Easter season is really about. I also am really wondering how they make Jesus float at the end. That was my favorite part! So the show ends and we're on our way back and we start biking across an intersection, in the bike lane, and a car starts to turn left towards us. I'm thinking that they will stop in the intersection and wait for us. The car kept coming though, aiming right for me. I was like this is it, after all these years of no injuries I am going to get hit by a car, a crappy little green VW. Luckily, the guy realized it before he got me and he swerved and went around us. I yelled at him. :) Even though apparently everyone is out to get me, we had a really great time and it was a beautiful night!


PS- That last picture I took of myself while I was riding. Safe, I know.

4 comments:

Carol said...

wow - i am a good shot, i didnt think my ball would actually hit you. JUST KIDDING! that is a good story, i enjoyed reading it but i dont really think peeps are out to get you, unless they are jealous of you perhaps :)

Papa Bear said...

You are too hard to hit. Of course moving targets are that way. Tell Jacob to be a better protecterorer (Is that how you spell it?).

bryant said...

sounds like a wonderful date night! ill get a bike when i move back to az in june, and we'll have to double.

Kara said...

I like how the wind is blowing through your hair! You're such a good sport. ;)