Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today was a pretty great birthday. It started off pretty early, I had to wake up at eight. (I can hear all of you laughing at that!) I got all ready, drank my tons of water, and headed off to my ultrasound appointment with Jacob and my Mom. I was so excited when We got there and I really only had to wait like ten minutes before they got me in. I wish it was always like that when I went to the doctor. The tech told me that my bladder wasn't that full but it sure felt like it. She took her time looking around in there, without really saying much, and I couldn't really see the screen that well. The baby wasn't cooperating much so the tech couldn't get very good profile pictures, she kept poking at it but it was staying put. I can tell it's gonna be quite the character! She told us what We're having (which I can't say on here because my Dad doesn't want to know!) which was great so now I can start buying things and preparing. Then We left and went to the mall to buy baby things and clothes for me. I am happy to report that I now I own four pairs of pants that have stretchy waists and I don't plan on ever going back to regular pants. These are much more comfortable! I got a bunch of baby clothes too to start my collection. We walked around for what felt like forever and finally left, only to find that the sun had morphed my ultrasound pictures and made them turn grey. I was mad because I had covered them and it was raining when we went in, but you can still see the pictures just fine so it's not that big of a deal. We finally made it home and ate Papa Murphy's for dinner and my mom made me a coconut cake for dessert. I have tons left so whoever wants some is welcome to come over and eat some! Can't wait for next year when I'll have a new family member to wish me happy birthday!


Doesn't the baby look like it has Jacob's lips?!

6 comments:

Papa Bear said...

How exciting is this!?!? It's wonderful to hear you are having a (we can't name the gender here) and that you could buy baby things for (another gender word) with your mother on your birthday. I can't wait to hold your new baby (gender word). Its great being a grandfather!

Carol said...

Congratulations again! we are super excited for you guys.

Jason and Michelle Ellsworth said...

YEAH! I wanted to text you on your birthday but since we're in Saipan I dont have my phone with me SO....HAPPY be-lated BIRTHDAY!!!
And what a great birthday present,to find out the sex of your first baby and to spend the day with people you love. How wonderful! Congrats once again!

Jason and Michelle Ellsworth said...

oh and your comment about your baby having Jacobs lips--that was hilarious! Jason & I got a good laugh from it. haha.

Jensen Family said...

awe i love little ultra sound pics! i'm glad that baby cooperated!! and yes thats funny, it does look like it has jacobs lips!!

Gramma J said...

I'm very happy for both of you. I was certain this child would have Jacob's lips--bet he's thrilled :)