Saturday, November 29, 2008

Things to be Thankful For

We had a great Thanksgiving on Thursday. We ate at around twelve with Jacob's family. All the food was delicious! I'm always partial to the mashed potatoes but everything else was a close second. I felt like I ate a ton but, seeing as how I am also feeding a mini Jacob, I was hungry again like an hour after we ate. This leads me to the first thing I am thankful for this year: being able to eat a big Thanksgiving meal and not have to lay on the couch in pain afterwards. Knowing that I would probably be hungry for dinner, I planned our own little Thanksgiving meal. I am not sure why I thought this was a good idea. It was a lot of work to do by myself. It turned out pretty good though. Except we had no gravy. By the time everything else was finished, I had no energy left to make any. Mashed potatoes aren't the same without gravy. :( I am also thankful for the fact that I only have 5 weeks left! Kind of scared, but thankful. And I am thankful that my blanket is finished! It was harder than I thought it would be. I don't know how my grandma makes so many! Jacob likes the soft fabric so much he wants to steal it from the baby. I think it might be a little too short for him though!



The Two Bellys!

7 comments:

Jensen Family said...

two thanksgiving dinners! lucky! but brave for fixing it all by yourself..i have no where near that much energy. but i bet you had some yummy leftovers! you might just have to make jacob a blanket that covers his feet so he doesn't take the babys! oh and i love th picture of us..we both look kind of tired like we wanna sit down haha

Jackie J said...

I think you and Jenn both look fabulous - it's a fun picture :-)

Seems unreal that it is only 5 weeks until little baby "whats-his-name" is here :-0 Time sure flies by.

Cooking Thanksgiving dinner by yourself, making blankets, making Halloween costumes, carving fabulous looking pumpkins - is there anything you can't do? What a great mom you are going to be!

Carol said...

i have no idea how you made a thanksgiving dinner - first...i dont even know where to begin when it comes to the turkey, second...where did you get the energy from and third, i guess i am just plain lazy :) kudos to you!!

one love. <3 said...

mmmm thanksgiving was good!

Jason and Michelle Ellsworth said...

I can not believe you are due in a month! Unreal! You look great!
Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving, congrats on cokking Thanksgiving dinner by yourself,thats hard work.

Papa Bear said...

It looks like a beautiful blanket - I'm dying to see it!

Holy Cow! said...

Omg! your belly is soo cute, I'm so excited for you guys!