Monday, June 1, 2009

Hawaii!

I am going to try not to make this a really long post, but there are just so many pictures! First off, Hawaii= Beautiful. It is so much cooler than Arizona. We do not have Mongooses running around. We do not have a plethora of beautiful fishes. We do not have a beach. Can you tell I really like it there? We had a great trip! The flight was super long. Especially with a 4 1/2 month old. I had to feed him on the plane three times. Breastfeeding in public: I do not enjoy. Eventually we made it to our hotel in Ko Olina, on the West shore of O'ahu. It was sunny and glorious. We did so many fun things. We went snorkeling and a turtle kept swimming right by us. We did not break the law, Hawaii. It was the turtles doing!

We went surfing, which was my favorite thing. I could not catch my own wave but I could stand up when I got pushed onto one. That's pretty good right? I got massive bruises on my hips and ribs but it was totally worth it. We went to Pearl Harbor which was kind of a surreal experience. My grandfather, who Hudson's middle name came from, was on the Tennessee at Pearl Harbor. It was hard for me to imagine him there when it was bombed. His ship was pretty close to the Arizona which exploded and is still there.




We went to the Dole plantation, which is worth a visit if for nothing but the ice cream. It's crazy to see how pineapples grow. I always figured they grew on a tree but nope. They stick up off a bush.

We went to the Polynesian Cultural Center, which is really neat. Except that it was raining all day. And they have pretty much nowhere for mothers to feed babies. Imagine me, drenched in rain, frizzy curly hair, wandering around with Hudson trying to find somewhere to feed him. Never found a place. Fed child in nasty bathroom. Hello PCC, are you listening? You should really fix that problem. Anyway, other than that it was fun! It really was a great trip. I came back one shade darker than pasty. Jacob has swimmer's ear but we got that all taken care of when we came home. It is nice to be home. If nothing for the fact that my hair doesn't frizz. :)


On the dinner cruise

Hudson's first time in the oceanEating lunch on the North Shore somewhere
Note to men everywhere: Speedos are never attractive

6 comments:

Lane & Ashley said...

Your trip looks like it was so fun! I LOVE O'ahu-there's so much to do. We went to Cabo a few weeks ago with my parents and it was awesome. Family trips are the best bc they're free!

Anonymous said...

Im glad you had fun! Im jelous!

Carol said...

looks like you guys had a fun trip, brought back memories from 7 years ago when we went. wow, i am old. sorry about the public breastfeeding, that stinks. i like your swimsuit - very cute!

Jason and Michelle Ellsworth said...

Im glad you guys had a good time! But Im so sad that I wasnt able to meet up with you guys!!
And Lauren you look great!

Papa Bear said...

What a terrifically generous father and father-in-law you have. The trip looks like all in all it was wonderful! Wish we could have been there with you.

one love. <3 said...

how fun!! i bet it is beautiful there. can't wait to go someday!