Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Backyard Campout

On Friday, I had this whole plan that Jacob and I were going to sleep in a tent in our backyard and roast hot dogs over the firepit on our porch. I was going to borrow a tent from Bryant but his tent went missing! For all I know it's in one of Jacob's boxes and has been in our house the whole time. However, since we had no idea where it was, I borrowed one from the Ellsworths. I rushed home to set everything else up. Good thing Jacob was already there otherwise I would have probably gotten trapped inside the tent trying to set it up. We got it all ready though and I built and lit the fire all by myself! I guess girls camp does come in handy later in life! We had a lot of fun cooking our hotdogs and playing with the dogs in the tent. We planned to stay there the whole night but my allergies got the best of me and by 1:30 I could barely breathe. Oh well, who was I trying to fool, I am much more of an indoor girl anyway!



3 comments:

bryant said...

nice head lamp, jake. sorry your allergies kicked in, lauren. still looks like you guys had fun though.

Carol said...

looks like fun, i am glad you found a tent :)

Papa Bear said...

Lots of boxes with junk? It sounds like a genetic thing. Thank heavens I have a spouse who helps me throw it away when it really has lost its usefulness - sometimes with some protest on my part - but it is always good!